Sending Fax Using Google
Google is definitely one of the most widely-used services online. With its wide range of services, a lot of people are now using Google services like the Google Chrome, Gmail, Google Drive and more. One of its most used services today is the email which can be connected to other services like the Google Drive, Calendars and Maps. However, one drawback when using Gmail is that it does not offer faxing service directly from your Gmail account.
If you need to send a fax using your Gmail, then the easiest way is to use a third-party service provider. The good thing is that there are now a lot of third-party companies that offer online fax services from your email. Some are offered free but for a limited number only or within a trial period.
When sending a fax through an online fax service, all you have to do is input the fax number to the TO field and attach the fax content to the email. The cover page for the online fax will be the Subject or the Message field.
To try these steps, make sure that you are already connected or you have an account with an online fax service provider.
To help you get started, follow these 5 easy steps:
- Go to your Gmail account and click Compose to create a new email.
- . Type the fax number in the TO field followed by the domain provided by your online fax service. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have the domain, contact the online fax provider or check the website for instructions on how to send Gmail fax using their services.
- Enter the message you want for your cover page in the Message or Subject field.
- Click the Attach button and attach the document you want to fax. There are different file types to choose from. Make sure to choose the file type that is provided or compatible with your online fax provider.
- Lastly, click the Send button.
The receiver should be able to receive your fax within minutes. You will receive a confirmation message through your Gmail if your fax is successfully sent or not. The details of what went wrong will also be shown on the confirmation message if ever the transmission was not successful.
Another good thing about using your Gmail account or using google fax via email fax that you can attach files to the email directly from your Google Drive. If the file you need to send as fax is saved on your Drive, simply click Compose and press the Drive icon which is located next to the Attach icon or the paper clip.
However, you should remember that most of the online fax services are offered free for a limited time or number of faxes only. Some companies will offer you a free trial account for 15 to 30 days only while some companies will offer you free 5 to 20 online faxes only. Once your trial period is over or you’ve reached the maximum number of free faxes, you will be required to pay either through subscription or a specific fee per fax.
If you are going to use online fax regularly, then subscribing to a monthly service will be a good option. However, if you are not going to send online fax often, paying per fax will be a more money-saving option.